Join our team as an “Events Host” – POSITION FILLED
Hanwell Wine Estate is looking for an exceptional and experienced Event Host to manage our ‘Rural Antics’ workshops and other events at the venue. We are looking to create a warm and inviting atmosphere here for guests at Hanwell Wine Estate with our ‘Rural Antics’ art, craft and rural skills workshops.
Here at Hanwell Wine Estate, we love hosting Rural Antics workshops!
They enable us to open up the wonderful countryside setting of our vineyard to you, giving us all the opportunity to get closer to nature.
Hand-making great wine is a real craft and Rural Antics provides a space for us to involve interested people in our wine-making, alongside other artisan past times, such as chair weaving, foraging and painting.
The right individual must have good social and interpersonal communication skills, be of a friendly disposition and able to work on their own initiative. Excellent organisational skills and be happy to adjust to different situations.
The right candidate must have high energy and creativity and possess excellent customer service and sales skills, which are especially effective in this position.
If you’re looking for an exciting career in the hospitality sector, with an opportunity to make the role your own then contact us today.
1. email ‘why you are perfect for this job?’ and your CV to email@example.com
2. interviews will be held in February, application closing date is 7th February 2017.
3. the successful applicant will need to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
• Managing the events/workshops diary
• Managing the bookings; monitoring online bookings, collection of monies from attendees and dealing with the course provider/expert prior to the day
• Handling booking changes and dealing with any special requests from attendees
• Completing a pre-event risk assessment
• Setting the room up to specifications prior to the event
• Ensuring the Rural Antics supplied materials and resources are available and set up
• Welcoming the attendees on the day to the venue and the workshop and distributing badges
• Conducting the introductory and on-site health and safety briefing
• Providing logistical information; toilets, lunch etc.
• Preparing and serving drinks and setting up lunch for the course provider and attendees
• Collection of post event evaluation forms
• Ensuring the room is cleared at the end of the day
• Promoting future events and dealing with any enquiries and bookings
• Checking stock levels of sundries and stationery etc.
• Dealing with external suppliers
• Providing a first-class host service
• Any ad-hoc admin work related to the events.
Qualifications & Experience
• Strong customer service skills with previous experience dealing with the public
• Experience in a similar role in the event or service industry.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to be a supportive team member
• Exhibit a friendly and courteous style with strong communication skills
• Excellent computer and telephone skills
• Good written and spoken English language
• An interest in art, crafts and rural skills an advantage
Working hours and location
• A part-time temporary role, with potential to become permanent.
• To start approximately 1st March 2017
• At least 2 days each week between Wednesday to Sunday.
• The working hours will be defined by our events schedule and will include most Saturdays.
• As a guide: To support the workshops you would work 9am-4:30pm. On days without events or workshops, hours would be flexible.
• Pay is dependent on experience and is always above the Living Wage.
• Place of work is Hanwell Wine Estate, Hickling Pastures, Nottinghamshire LE14 3QG
Questions by email only please to: