Set amongst the rolling countryside of south Nottinghamshire, the vines of Hanwell Wine Estate are being hand tended to grow the champagne variety grapes for English Sparkling Wine.
Hanwell Wine Estate’s Vineyard Experience comprises of:
- Complimentary Welcome Drink: Glass of wine, tea or coffee upon arrival. If the weather is fine, we’ll gather on the Tasting Lodge Terrace, otherwise we’ll be in the Corner Stable, undercover, but unheated.
- Our Story: More than 40 years of Nottinghamshire vineyard life. 20 minutes
- Vineyard Walk: We’ll guide you along the gently sloping meadow path 100 metres into the vineyard. Here we’ll pause for orientation, tell you how we care for the vines by hand, talk about perils of frost and pests. 25 minutes
- The vineyard is grassy, the ground is uneven and can be wet, the slope is gentle but uneven.
- There are some seats in the vineyard.
- Our site is open to the wind and baking sunshine! Dress appropriately: sturdy shoes, a wind/waterproof, sunscreen.
- Explore further 10 minutes
- Love nature and the great outdoors? Wander into the Wildlife Garden or down to the Lake
- Scientist or engineer? Visit the frost fan.
- Simply take some selfies and post on social media tag @hanwellwine
- Tutored wine tasting to include 6 local wines.You are invited to taste wines from the award winning Eglantine Vineyard our parent vineyard and Hanwell’s wines as available. 50 mins
- We enhance your experience with wines from other local vineyards to ensure a wide range of tastes.
- Over-18s only. We operate a ‘Challenge 25’ policy so please bring ID if you would like to buy or taste any wines.
At the end you’ll have a chance to buy wines or vouchers for others to take a tour.
The complete experience lasts 2 hours.
Book your visit
You can book tickets directly online, visit Vineyard Experience for the choice of dates. Vineyard Experiences are usually Saturdays with Fridays and Sundays during the Summer season. The schedule runs February to September each year. Everything must stop in October so we can focus on the grape harvest.
Give the gift of a Vineyard Experience visit.
- A bronze voucherincludes 2 tickets for a Vineyard Experience.
- A silver voucherincludes 2 tickets plus a £20 wine credit redeemable at the end of the Vineyard Experience.
- A gold voucherincludes 2 tickets plus a bottle of fizz and a platter of food after the Vineyard Experience.
- The adopt a vine includes 2 tickets plus a vine labelled for a year and a £10 wine credit redeemable at the end of the Vineyard Experience.
- Our address is Hanwell Wine Estate, Hickling Pastures, Notts, LE14 3QG
- We suggest booking a taxi, taking the bus or organising a lift especially if you want to enjoy our wines.
- Find us, just 1 minute’s drive from the A46, on the A606 towards Melton Mowbray Map
- Bus schedule, the Centerbus 19 route runs every 2 hours on a Saturday, where possible we’ve aligned our times to the timetable.
- Taxis should be booked to collect you at half past, 2 hours and 15 minutes after the start time.
- Supervised children are welcome, we ask that you bring only those that won’t distract our other guests. Children will need something to keep them busy, we don’t have Wifi, sorry!
- Due to rough and soft ground the vineyard is unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs.
- Booking terms
Using a voucher?
Dates in the future can be booked with a voucher that is about to expire, provided the booking is made before the voucher expires, the date of the visit can be after the voucher expires.
Booking with a voucher purchased from a retailer? Please follow their instructions.
2020 Schedule Spring & Summer Dates
Live availability here
- Saturday 15th Feb 2020 – 13:15 to 15:15
- Saturday 29th Feb 2020 – 13:15 to 15:15
- Saturday 14th Mar 2020 – 13:15 to 15:15
- Friday 31st July 2020 – 19:00 to 21:00
- Saturday 1st August 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
- Saturday 1st August 2020 – 18:30 to 20:30
- Friday 14th August 2020 – 19:00 to 21:00
- Saturday 22nd August 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
- Saturday 22nd August 2020 – 18:30 to 20:30
- Saturday 29th August 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
- Saturday 29th August 2020 – 18:30 to 20:30
- Saturday 5th September 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
- Saturday 12th September 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
- Saturday 19th September 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
- Saturday 26th September 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
NB: 2021 dates will be launched in September 2020.