Set amongst the rolling countryside of south Nottinghamshire, the vines of Hanwell Wine Estate are being hand tended to grow the champagne variety grapes for English Sparkling Wine.
Hanwell Wine Estate’s Vineyard Experience comprises of:
- Complimentary Welcome Drink: Glass of wine, tea or coffee upon arrival. If the weather is fine, we’ll gather on the Tasting Lodge Terrace, otherwise we’ll be in the Corner Stable, undercover, but unheated.
- Our Story: More than 40 years of Nottinghamshire vineyard life. 20 minutes
- Vineyard Walk: We’ll guide you along the gently sloping meadow path 100 metres into the vineyard. Here we’ll pause for orientation, tell you how we care for the vines by hand, talk about perils of frost and pests. 25 minutes
- The vineyard is grassy, the ground is uneven and can be wet, the slope is gentle but uneven.
- There are some seats in the vineyard.
- Our site is open to strong winds and baking sunshine! Dress appropriately: sturdy shoes, a wind/waterproof, sunscreen.
- Explore further 10 minutes
- Love nature and the great outdoors? Wander into the Wildlife Garden or down to the Lake
- Scientist or engineer? Visit the frost fan.
- Simply take some selfies and post on social media tag @hanwellwine
- Tutored wine tasting to include 6 local wines.You are invited to taste wines from the award winning Eglantine Vineyard our parent vineyard and Hanwell’s wines as available. 50 mins
- We enhance your experience with wines from other local vineyards as necessary to ensure a wide range of tastes.
- Over-18s only. We operate a ‘Challenge 25’ policy so please bring ID if you would like to buy or taste any wines.
At the end you’ll have a chance to buy wines or gift vouchers for others to take a tour.
The complete experience lasts up to 2 hours.
Book your visit
You can book tickets directly online, visit Vineyard Experience for the choice of dates. Vineyard Experiences are usually Saturdays plus Fridays and Sundays during the Summer season. The schedule runs March to September each year. Everything must stop in October so we can focus on the grape harvest.
Give the gift of a Vineyard Experience visit.
- A bronze voucherincludes 2 tickets for a Vineyard Experience.
- A silver voucherincludes 2 tickets plus a £20 wine credit redeemable at the end of the Vineyard Experience.
- A gold voucherincludes 2 tickets plus a bottle of fizz and a platter of food after the Vineyard Experience.
- The adopt a vine includes 2 tickets plus a vine labelled for a year and a £10 wine credit redeemable at the end of the Vineyard Experience.
- Our address is Hanwell Wine Estate, Hickling Pastures, Notts, LE14 3QG
- We suggest booking a taxi, taking the bus or organising a lift especially if you want to enjoy our wines.
- Find us, just 1 minute’s drive from the A46, on the A606 towards Melton Mowbray Map
- We have plenty of free parking.
- Bus schedule, the Centerbus 19 route runs every 2 hours on a Saturday, where possible we’ve aligned our times to the timetable.
- Taxis should be booked to collect you 2 hours and 15 minutes after the start time in case we’re running late.
- Supervised children are welcome, young children can be a distraction to other other guests so we suggest you make alternative arrangements for them. Children attending will need something to keep them busy, we don’t have Wifi, sorry!
- Due to rough and soft ground the vineyard is unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs.
- Booking terms
Using a voucher?
Dates in the future can be booked with a voucher that is about to expire, provided the booking is made before the voucher expires, the date of the visit can be after the voucher expires.
Booking with a voucher purchased from a retailer? Please follow their instructions.
2020 Schedule Dates
Live availability here
- Saturday 15th Feb 2020 – 13:15 to 15:15
- Saturday 29th Feb 2020 – 13:15 to 15:15
- Saturday 14th Mar 2020 – 13:15 to 15:15
- Dates between 15th March and 30th July were cancelled due to Corona Virus.
- Friday 31st July 2020 – 19:00 to 21:00 SOLD OUT
- Saturday 1st August 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15 SOLD OUT
- Saturday 1st August 2020 – 18:30 to 20:30 SOLD OUT
- Thurs 13th August 2020 – 15:00 to 17:00
- Friday 14th August 2020 – 15:00 to 17:00
- Friday 14th August 2020 – 19:00 to 21:00
- Saturday 22nd August 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15 SOLD OUT
- Saturday 22nd August 2020 – 18:30 to 20:30
- Saturday 29th August 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
- Saturday 29th August 2020 – 18:30 to 20:30
- Sunday 30th August 2020 – 14:00 to 16:00
- Saturday 5th September 2020 – 12:15 to 14:15
- Saturday 5th September 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15 SOLD OUT
- Saturday 12th September 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15 SOLD OUT
- Saturday 19th September 2020 – 12:15 to 14:15
- Saturday 19th September 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
- Saturday 26th September 2020 – 12:15 to 14:15
- Saturday 26th September 2020 – 15:15 to 17:15
Review from Trip Advisor:
When we received a viucher for a vineyard tour and wine tasting at a local vine yard we had never stumbled across before, we did wonder if it would be another pretentious expert telling us we should be sensing asparagus, lemons and morning dew.Great wines, a fab platter as an extra and owners that gave it a personal touch, even smooth talking our taxi driver so we could stay a further 10mins.
Instead we had a very interesting tour and talk from the passionate owners about their ‘project’ and the basics of growing vines away from the South of England.
The views from the vineyard are stunning.
Would recommend to anyone interested in an evening sampling local wines and finding out how it is produced!
Corona virus measures
The safety of our visitors and staff comes first. We want you to feel safe whilst on the estate. We have completed a full risk assessment and have put in place the following provisions:
- The event will be held outside unless the weather is too wet or windy.
- We will maintain social distancing between our team and you.
- We ask you to maintain social distancing between you, other customers and our team.
- Before and after every tour we will clean all surfaces, door handles and frequently touched surfaces.
- We not use indoor spaces unless the weather is wet or windy.
- We will pre-pour all welcome drinks and tasters.
- We will provide hand sanitiser and plastic gloves.
- In the toilets we will provide self clean instructions and clean between each tour.
- We have reduced the size of each group to accommodate social distancing. No group will exceed 18 people.
- We encourage people to take their temperature before coming to the vineyard, if you have a fever or feel unwell please stay home.
- We will ask you to let our team know immediately if you start to feel unwell during an experience.
- If you purchase wine we ask you to pay by card.
- We will ask every visitor for their contact details as required by the government’s track and trace policy.