Set amongst the rolling countryside of south Nottinghamshire, the vines of Hanwell Wine Estate are being hand tended to grow the champagne variety grapes for English Sparkling Wine.
The Vineyard Experience comprises of:
- Glass of wine, tea or coffee upon arrival. Usually on the Tasting Lodge Terrace but sometimes indoors if the weather is particularly wet or windy.
- Introductory talk ’40+ years of Nottinghamshire Vineyard Life’ (20 mins).
- Guided tour of our beautiful vineyard and talk about a year in the vineyard. (25 mins)
- Wander into the Wildlife garden, visit the Frost fan, Lake or simply take some selfies! (10 mins)
- Tutored wine tasting to include 6 local wines (50 mins)
- The complete experience lasts 2 hours.
Vineyard tour and talk We’ll walk with you through the vines sharing the vineyard story, what we grow, how we manage it and our future plans all in a relaxed and friendly style.
Wine Tasting You are invited to taste wines from the award winning Eglantine Vineyard, our parent vineyard, and Hanwell’s wines as available. Over-18s only. We operate a ‘Challenge 25’ policy so please bring ID if you would like to buy or taste any wines.
Book your visit You can book tickets directly online, visit Vineyard Experience for the choice of dates, these include Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays from February to September. Everything must stop in October so we can focus on the grape harvest.
Give the gift of a Vineyard Experience visit.
- A bronze voucher includes 2 tickets for a Vineyard Experience.
- A silver voucher includes 2 tickets plus a £20 wine credit redeemable at the end of the Vineyard Experience.
- A gold voucher includes 2 tickets plus a bottle of fizz and a platter of food after the Vineyard Experience.
- The adopt a vine includes 2 tickets plus a vine labelled for a year and a £10 wine credit redeemable at the end of the Vineyard Experience.
- Allow 2 hours for this experience. We suggest taxis are booked in advance for departure at quarter past.
- Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing and shoes suitable for the weather on an exposed site.
- Supervised children are welcome, but won’t wine taste so will need to bring something to keep them busy. We don’t have Wifi.
- Due to rough and soft ground the vineyard is unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs.
- Booking terms
- Find us map
The 2019 Schedule is below. 2020 dates will be launched in September 2019.
- Sat 9th Feb, 2pm-4pm
- Sat 9th March, 2pm-4pm
- Sat 13th April, 2pm-4pm
- Sat 11th May, 2pm-4pm (SOLD OUT)
- Fri 24th May, 7pm-9pm
- Sat 25th May, 4pm-6pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sun 26th May, 2pm-4pm
- Fri 7th Jun, 7pm-9pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sat 8th Jun, 4pm-6pm (SOLD OUT)
- Fathers Day Vineyard Experience – Sun 16th Jun, 4pm-6pm
- Fri 5th Jul, 7pm-9pm
- Sat 6th Jul, 4pm-6pm
- Sat 6th Jul, 7pm-9pm
- Fri 12th Jul, 7pm-9pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sat 13th Jul, 4pm-6pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sat 13th Jul, 7pm-9pm (SOLD OUT)
- Fri 9th Aug, 7pm-9pm
- Sat 10th Aug, 1pm-3pm
- Sat 10th Aug, 4pm-6pm
- Sun 11th Aug, 1pm-3pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sun 11th Aug, 4pm-6pm
- Fri 16th Aug, 7pm-9pm
- Sat 17th Aug, 4pm-6pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sat 17th Aug, 7pm-9pm
- Sun 1st Sep, 2pm-4pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sun 1st Sep, 5pm-7pm
- Fri 6th Sep, 7pm-9pm
- Sat 7th Sep, 4pm-6pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sun 8th Sep, 3pm-5pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sat 21st Sep. 1pm-3pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sat 21st Sep, 4pm-6pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sun 22nd Sep. 1pm-3pm (SOLD OUT)
- Sun 22nd Sep, 4pm-6pm
There will be even more dates in the 2020 schedule. We will announce our 2020 Vineyard Experience Schedule in September 2019.