Last updated 28th June 2020
As we are all aware COVID 19 is having an impact on daily life globally. We have reviewed our events environment and procedures and have made changes so we can still provide our customers with an escape from the stresses of daily life. It is important for mental health to have things to look forward to. We are following World Health Organisation and UK Government updates and will continue to evaluate our approach. We have completed a risk assessment for all our activities. The plan below is subject to change.
Rural Antics Craft Workshops
- The Rural Antics Craft Barn is a large well ventilated space (100 square metres), whenever possible and in good weather, we also have the option to hold workshops outside.
- There will be no more than 10 people at any workshop. *excludes Yoga. The Yoga workshop is not organised by Rural Antics
- Workshops participants will be allocated their own workstation, easily maintaining a 2 metre gap between.
- Before and after each workshop all surfaces, door handles and utensils will, as always, be thoroughly cleaned.
- Handwashing facilities are available in the craft barn and toilets, with hot running water, soap and paper towels.
- Participants will be given their own craft kit, tools and materials to use to avoid any unnecessary sharing wherever possible. (Some exclusions will apply such as ovens and grinders for Stained glass and Enamelling workshops. This will be managed accordingly with either the tutor using the oven only or the equipment thoroughly cleaned between usage).
- We encourage attendees to take their temperature before attending and those who feel unwell should not attend. If you can’t attend due to illness and notify us in advance of the start time your booking will be moved to a future workshop. If an attendee begins to feel unwell during a workshop we will ask everyone to go home and isolate for 14 days.
- Staff and tutor will wear a face mask and gloves when appropriate.
- Refreshments will be served to the customers’ work station throughout.
- If lunch is part of your workshop price then it will be a plated 2 course lunch and served at your work station or taken outside.
- Your tutor will make every effort to maintain a 2 metre distance from you whilst guiding you through the process of making. In the event they need to enter your workspace you will be asked to step back.
- To allow you to book with confidence, we assure you that if we decide to close again in the future, your money will be refunded in full.
* The Yoga workshop is not organised by Rural Antics.
Vineyard tours and wine sales
Hanwell Vineyard Experience. In good weather vineyard tours and tastings will be held outside, if it rains we will utilise a well ventilated space undercover, but not heated so please dress appropriately.
- After each event all surfaces, door handles and glasses will, as always, be thoroughly cleaned.
- Hand washing facilities are available in the Rural Antics craft barn and toilets, with hot running water, soap and paper towels.
- We encourage attendees to take their temperature before attending and those who feel unwell should not attend. If you can’t attend due to illness and notify us in advance of the start time your booking will be moved to a future date.
Wine sales are available from the onsite Tasting Lodge on Saturday 1-4pm or we can deliver to your door, place an order online and we can pop it on the doorstep if you are self isolating, https://www.hanwellwine.co.uk/product-category/wine-shop/
Self guided vineyard trail. If you want to get outside, then the self guided vineyard trail will continue to be open every Saturday 1-4pm. Follow the trail around the vineyard, it takes less than 40 minutes and you’ll learn about the vineyard and local wildlife on your way. https://www.hanwellwine.co.uk/nature-trail/
5k Wine Run. – 3rd May Wine run is postponed until safe to resume.
The welfare of our teams at Hanwell Wine and Rural Antics is important to us and they are well briefed on their responsibilities.