Vineyard Experience (Tour & Tasting), Saturday 26th September | 3:15pm-5:15pm | £17.50pp
Set amongst the rolling countryside of south Nottinghamshire, the vines of Hanwell Wine Estate are being hand tended to grow the champagne variety grapes for English Sparkling Wine.
The safety of our visitors and staff are our priority. We have completed a risk assessment and have made the following changes:
- We have limited our groups to 14 people to allow everyone to maintain social distancing of 2m.
- Welcome drinks will be served to a table, where you can collect and maintain social distancing.
- Wine samples will be pre-poured in tasting cups and laid out on tables in advance so we do not need to approach you.
- All drinks will be prepared using the strictest cleanliness.
- Disposable gloves will be available for you should you wish to use them.
- Toilet facilities will be cleaned thoroughly and hand washing encouraged.
- You are welcome to wear protective clothing including masks.
Hanwell Wine Estate’s Vineyard Experience comprises of:
- Complimentary Welcome Drink: Glass of wine, tea or coffee upon arrival. If the weather is fine, we’ll gather on the Tasting Lodge Terrace, otherwise we’ll be in the Corner Stable, undercover, but unheated.
- Our Story: More than 40 years of Nottinghamshire vineyard life. 20 minutes
- Vineyard Walk: We’ll guide you along the gently sloping meadow path 100 metres into the vineyard. Here we’ll pause for orientation, tell you how we care for the vines by hand, talk about perils of frost and pests. 25 minutes
- The vineyard is grassy, the ground is uneven and can be wet, the slope is gentle..
- There are some seats in the vineyard.
- Our site is open to the wind and baking sunshine! Dress appropriately: sturdy shoes, a wind/waterproof, sunscreen.
- Explore further 10 minutes
- Love nature and the great outdoors? Wander into the Wildlife Garden or down to the Lake
- Scientist or engineer? Visit the frost fan.
- Simply take some selfies and post on social media tag @hanwellwine
- Tutored wine tasting to include 6 local wines.You are invited to taste wines from the award winning Eglantine Vineyard our parent vineyard and Hanwell’s wines as available. 50 mins
- We enhance your experience with wines from other local vineyards to ensure a wide range of tastes.
- Over-18s only. We operate a ‘Challenge 25’ policy so if you are lucky enough to look under 25 years old, please bring ID if you would like to buy or taste any wines.
The complete experience lasts 2 hours
- Our address is Hanwell Wine Estate, Hickling Pastures, Notts, LE14 3QG
- We suggest booking a taxi, taking the bus or organising a lift especially if you want to enjoy our wines.
- Find us, just 1 minute’s drive from the A46, on the A606 towards Melton Mowbray Map
- Bus schedule, the Centerbus 19 route runs every 2 hours on a Saturday, where possible we’ve aligned our times to the timetable.
- Taxis should be booked to collect you at half past, 2 hours and 15 minutes after the start time.
- Supervised children are welcome, we ask that you bring only those that won’t distract our other guests. Children will need something to keep them busy, we don’t have Wifi, sorry!
- Due to rough and soft ground the vineyard is unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs, for more details about accessibility please review Hanwell Wine Estate Vineyard Map.
- Booking terms