Places to sleep and eat near Hanwell Wine Estate
- Hickling B&B (1 mile): telephone Angela on 01664 822597 or 07712 443668
- Jerico Farm B&B (2 miles)
- Bouverie Lodge B&B (4 miles)
- £ Budget – Premier Inn Melton Mowbray (8 miles)
- ££ Modest – Best Western Sysonby Knoll (9 miles)
- £££ Luxury – Langar Hall Country House Hotel and Restaurant (9 miles)
- £££ Luxury – Stapleford Park Country House Hotel and Sporting Estate (14 miles)
Guests of our two-day workshops are welcome to camp or bring a caravan onto the grounds of Hanwell Wine Estate for a charge of £20 per person for one night. We provide toilets, access to fresh water and an electric connection for caravans. Unfortunately we do not have any shower facilities.
If you’re staying in the area on the first Sunday of the month, there’s usually a community breakfast held in Hickling Village Hall from 9am-11am – for details call local organisers Barbara on 01664 822834 or Pauline on 01664 822835.
For breakfast during the week, there are two cafés in nearby Keyworth which are open from 9am Monday to Saturday:
- Sophia’s Coffee Shop: 77 Wolds Drive, Keyworth, NG12 5FT. 0115 837 0885
- The Village Café and Bistro: 4 Main St, Keyworth, NG12 5AD. 0115 937 6294
Local pubs and restaurants
There are some lovely places nearby for an evening meal. Many are popular so it’s advisable to book ahead:
- The Plough Inn, Hickling (2 miles)
- The Plough at Normanton, Normanton on the Wolds (4 miles)
- Perkins Bar & Bistro, Plumtree (5 miles)
- The Crown Inn, Old Dalby (5 miles)
- The Martin’s Arms, Colston Bassett (7 miles)
- The Windmill, Wymeswold (7 miles)
- Langar Hall Country House Hotel and Restaurant, Langar (9 miles)
Please note we are not associated with any of the businesses and events named above. We have provided recommendations in good faith, but please check reviews on independent websites before making any bookings as we cannot be held responsible for any negative encounters you may experience.