We are located in Hickling Pastures on the A606 Melton road, the village centre is Hickling, visit their website to learn more about the surrounding area.
Our guests attending a Vineyard Experience or workshop are welcome to camp or bring a caravan onto the grounds of Hanwell Wine Estate. We provide toilets, access to fresh water and an electric connection for caravans. Unfortunately we do not have any shower facilities. Click here for our camping options.
Local bed and breakfast accommodation
- Jerico Farm B&B (2 miles)
- The Crown & Plough, (5 miles) LE14 4NG, Tel: 01664 822322, e: email@example.com
- Bouverie Lodge B&B (4 miles)
- Manor Farm House, (8 miles) Bakers Lane, Colston Bassett, Nottinghamshire, NG12 3FG
- Millgate B & B, (19 miles) 78 Millgate, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 4TY
- £ Budget – Premier Inn Melton Mowbray (8 miles)
- £ Budget – Travel Lodge Riverside, Nottm (9 miles)
- ££ Modest – Best Western Sysonby Knoll (9 miles)
- ££ Modest – Scalford Country House Hotel (6 miles)
- £££ Luxury – Langar Hall Country House Hotel and Restaurant (9 miles)
- £££ Luxury – Stapleford Park Country House Hotel and Sporting Estate (14 miles)
If you’re staying in the area on the first Sunday of the month, there’s usually a community breakfast held in Hickling Village Hall from 9am-11am – for details call local organisers Barbara on 01664 822834 or Pauline on 01664 822835.
For breakfast during the week, is a café in nearby Keyworth:
- Sophia’s Coffee Shop: 77 Wolds Drive, Keyworth, NG12 5FT. 0115 837 0885
Local pubs and restaurants
There are some lovely places nearby for an evening meal. Many are popular so it’s advisable to book ahead:
- The Plough Inn, Hickling (2 miles)
- The Plough at Normanton, Normanton on the Wolds (4 miles)
- Perkins Bar & Bistro, Plumtree (5 miles)
- The Crown Inn, Old Dalby (5 miles)
- The Martin’s Arms, Colston Bassett (7 miles)
- The Windmill, Wymeswold (7 miles)
- Langar Hall Country House Hotel and Restaurant, Langar (9 miles)
Please note we are not directly connected with any of the businesses named above. We have provided contact details in good faith, but please check reviews on independent websites before making any bookings as we cannot be held responsible for any negative encounters you may experience.