Celebration Tour and Tastings.
Start your hen party with a sparkle!
A vineyard tour will walk you through the vines as your host tells the story of our vineyard and explains what we grow, how we manage the wine estate and how the wine is made. You’ll then be invited to taste local wines from around the East Midlands and learn a little about the different tastes and flavours in a relaxed, informal setting.
Our vines are being hand-tended to grow grapes to produce English Sparkling Wine by 2018. The first grapes were hand-picked in October 2015.
- Upon arrival you’ll receive a glass of local wine (alternatively tea or coffee).
- Your host will then give a guided tour of our beautiful vineyard.
- The tutored wine tasting includes 6+ local wines, including from our award-winning parent vineyard Eglantine.
- The bride-to-be will receive a gift bag containing a bottle of sparkling wine.
Pricing and Availability
The ‘Celebration Tour & Tasting’ is £18 per person and is available on Saturday afternons from June to September. The experience lasts approximately 1½ hours – afterwards you will be welcome to follow our wildlife walk down to the lake and enjoy the countryside setting. The site closes at 9pm.
Please contact us for availability.
This event is restricted to over 18s only. We operate “Challenge 25” so if you’re lucky enough to look younger than 25 and wish to taste or buy wine please bring identification to show you are over 18.
Please wear appropriate seasonal outdoor clothing and shoes.
Unfortunately, because of rough ground within the vineyard, it is unsuitable for wheelchairs. For more details about accessibility please review Hanwell Wine Estate Vineyard Map.
- Car: There is plenty of free parking if you are arriving by car. Find us: Hanwell Wine Estate, Melton Road (A606) Hickling Pastures, LE14 3QG
- Bus: Alternatively a bus service runs hourly each way between Nottingham Broadmarsh and Melton Mowbray (Centrebus service 19) and stops close by.
- Minibus: The guide prices shown below are from DG Cars and are based on a pick up within 12 miles of Hanwell Wine Estate, with one drop off to arrive in Nottingham City Centre after the vineyard experience. Bookings can be made directly with DG Cars by calling 0115 9500 500.
2-way minibus transfer for groups of 8 or less – approximately £70.
or for groups between 9-16 people – approximately £140.
To book your vineyard experience please contact us with your ideal date, time and approximate numbers.