Saturday 27th July 2019 | from 5pm
We are so excited to welcome the FB Pocket Orchestra this summer, performing live music in the vineyard! The FB Pocket Orchestra take their listeners back to the hot jazz, blues, ragtime and popular dances of the 1920 and 30s, presenting acoustic music from the last century with a contemporary slant.
Spend a lazy evening listening to music by exceptional musicians from the London jazz scene. Bring a picnic and relax with family and friends, take in the vineyard views and the beautiful surrounding Nottinghamshire countryside whilst listening to the fabulous sound of live Classical Jazz music.
“The perfect way to spend a summers evening, in a unique location with great music! Bring friends and family and join us to make memories you will treasure.” said Helenka Brown, Hanwell Wine Estate’s Owner.
Tickets include Nottinghamshire Sparkling Wine (over 18s)
Adult ticket £30.00 per person including a glass of local English Sparkling Wine
Duo ticket £80.00 for 2 people including a bottle of local English Sparkling Wine
Child ticket £11.00 per child age 3-17 years. Under 3s free.
About The FB Pocket Orchestra
This Classical Jazz trio is proud to be working with Balmond, SOHO House and The Royal Albert Hall as well as performing for The National Trust.
“Atmospheric, yet vibrant, this charming collection of songs will make you wish you had been born some 100 years ago. The style, glamour and ‘fabulousness’ of this era is captured beautifully on the album.”
Claire Anderson Jazz FM
The FB Pocket Orchestra play Crow Jane
Wine tasting is available for all participants and spectators free of charge, come and try wines grown and made in Nottinghamshire.
We operate the “Challenge 25” policy so if you are lucky enough to look younger and want to try wines please bring appropriate ID.
Timings: Saturday 27th July from 5pm, site closes at 10pm
- 5pm Arrival, Sparkling bar opens and time to enjoy your picnic
- Local musicians and performers
- 7pm FB Pocket Orchestra performance
- 10pm Site closes
- Some seating will be provided but we encourage you to bring your own picnic seating or blankets.
- There will be a picnic blanket only zone nearest the stage.
- Seats are unreserved and available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Please wear appropriate seasonal outdoor clothing and sturdy shoes, the performance will go on whatever the weather!
- We suggest booking a taxi, taking the bus or organising a lift. Site closes at 10pm Find us
- As we are a family business, supervised children are welcome, unfortunately, due to rough ground and uneven ground the vineyard is unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs, for more details about accessibility please review Hanwell Wine Estate Vineyard Map.
- Plenty of free onsite parking, 100m from the stage.
Hanwell Wine Estate, Melton Road (A606), Hickling Pastures, Nottinghamshire LE14 3QG
CentreBus route 19: Alight in Hickling Pastures and walk towards the crest of the hill, we are found on the South side of the road.