Celebration Tour and Tastings.
Start your hen party with a sparkle!
A vineyard tour will walk you through the vines as your host tells the story of our vineyard and explains what we grow, how we manage the wine estate and exactly how the wine is made. You’ll then be invited to taste local wines from around the East Midlands and learn a little about the different tastes and flavours in a relaxed, informal setting.
Our vines are being hand-tended to grow grapes to produce English Sparkling Wine by 2018. The first grapes were hand-picked in October 2015 and our first still wine, made by award-winning winemaker Tony Skuriat, will be available late summer 2016.
- Upon arrival you’ll receive a glass of local wine (alternatively tea or coffee).
- Your host will then give a guided tour of our beautiful vineyard.
- The tutored wine tasting includes three glasses of local wines, including one from our award-winning parent vineyard Eglantine.
- The bride-to-be will receive a gift bag containing a bottle of sparkling rosé.
Pricing and Availability
The ‘Celebration Tour & Tasting’ is £12 per person and is available on Saturdays from June to September at 1pm. The experience lasts approximately 1½ hours – afterwards you will be welcome to follow our wildlife walk down to the lake and enjoy the countryside setting. The site closes at 4pm.
Please contact us for availability.
This event is restricted to over 18s only. We operate “Challenge 25” so if you’re lucky enough to look younger than 25 and wish to taste or buy wine please bring identification to show you are over 18.
Please wear appropriate seasonal outdoor clothing and shoes.
Unfortunately, because of rough ground within the vineyard, it is unsuitable for wheelchairs. For more details about accessibility please review Hanwell Wine Estate Vineyard Map.
- Car: There is plenty of free parking if you are arriving by car.
- Bus: Alternatively a bus service runs hourly each way between Nottingham Broadmarsh and Melton Mowbray (Centrebus service 19) and stops close by.
- Minibus: The guide prices shown below are from DG Cars and are based on a pick up within 12 miles of Hanwell Wine Estate to arrive at 1pm, with one drop off to arrive in Nottingham City Centre after the vineyard experience. Bookings can be made directly with DG Cars by calling 0115 9500 500.
Minibus transfer for groups of 8 or less – approximately £70.
Minibus transfer for groups between 9-16 people – approximately £120.
To book your vineyard experience please contact us with your ideal date and approximate numbers.